THE LETTERING LIFESTYLE with Doris Wai
Learn how to letter on every surface to create a beautiful, personal home, custom invitations, gifts, & more.
This course is for you if...
- You want to learn the skill of hand-lettering
- You want to grow your business by learning new lettering skills
- You want to take your lettering to the next level and learn how to "letter beyond paper"
Learn the perfect tools for every project
No need to search for the right tools for the job, I'll teach you the right tools for the right surface so you can easily turn your ideas into completed projects.
HOW IT WORKS
With courses made by the creators you love and produced by Lightbulb Courses, you will get the guidance you need to learn and grow.
Gain the skills, confidence, and clarity you need to get back on track and realize your full creative potential.
With your creativity in full swing, you can get back to focusing on new outcomes and will feel ready to take action.
"Every single time I talk to Doris about art, I walk away with some magical tidbit of knowledge that I can immediately apply to my own work. Her years of experience have led her to having so many tips and tricks up her sleeve, and she is so generous with sharing them. Doris is the kind of teacher who will make you a better artist– period."
~ Becca | The Happy Ever Crafter
"I've been following Doris's artistic work for a while now and have always wanted to learn how to do some of the amazing projects that she has done, specifically where she created beautiful lettering on non-papered items. I enrolled in her Lettered Luggage workshop where Doris talked about the steps for the project (from start to finish) such as the basics of lettering, composition and layout (the most interesting part for me) and how to apply this to any project. I loved that I was able to ask questions and receive tips/suggestions from her directly! I'm looking forward to learning from her again for another project!"
-Thuong Le Zhang
"I have taken numerous private lessons with Doris where we explored lettering on different mediums including chalkboard, glass and wood. Doris is one of the most creative person that I have ever met. Her mindset of possible ideas for projects are simply amazing. I have learned the industry’s best tricks and pearls to work on different surfaces, everything from the best tools for drafting and the final products. I have also learned how to do engraving from Doris. She is patient and her attention to details help me to critique my work. I have developed a much better artistic approach with all my work."
THE LETTERING LIFESTYLE COURSE
Intro & Welcome
- The Lettering Lifestyle
- Starting from Scratch
- Download Your Course Worksheets
1 - The Basics of Hand Lettering
- 1.1 - Introduction to Hand-Lettering
- FREE PREVIEW
- 1.2 - Sans Serif Letters Practise
- 1.3 - Serif Letters Practise
- 1.4 - Your Downloadable Lettering Worksheets
- 1.5 - Script Calligraphy Practice
- 1.6 - The Basics of Composition
- 1.7 - Drawing Curves and Diagonals
- 1.8 - Sketching Your Compositions
- 1.9 - Time to Practise!
2 - Preparing Your Surfaces & Tool Kit
- 2.1 - Surfaces You'll Be Lettering On In This Course
- FREE PREVIEW
- 2.2 - Cleaning, Removing Stickers, and Erasing Surfaces
- 2.3 - Tools of the Lettering Lifestyle
- Links to My Favorite Tools
3 - Paper Projects
- 3.0 - Paper Projects Intro
- 3.1 - "April" Name Card
- 3.2 - "Books" Paper Card Label
- 3.3 - Black Paper Name Cards
- 3.4 - "Emergency Kit" Paper Box
4 - Chalkboard Projects
- 4.0 - Chalkboard Projects Intro
- 4.1 -"First Day Of" on Faux Chalkboard, Part 1
- 4.2 - "First Day Of" on Faux Chalkboard, Part 2
- 4.3 - "Last Day Of" on Faux Chalkboard
- 4.4 - "Pop the Top" Sign on Foam Core Board
- 4.5 - Chalkboard Prep and Sizes
- 4.6 - "Cool of You to Come" Sign on Chalkboard
5 - Wood Projects
- 5.0 - Wood Projects Intro
- 5.1 - Preparing Wood Surfaces For Lettering
- 5.2 - "Smith Family" Sign, Part 1
- 5.3 - "Smith Family" Sign, Part 2
6 - Mirror Projects
- 6.0 - Mirror Projects Intro
- 6.1 - Mirror 1, Part 1
- 6.2 - Mirror 1, Part 2
- 6.3 - Mirror 2
7 - Glass Projects
- 7.0 - Glass Projects Intro
- 7.1 - Floating Frame 1
- 7.2 - Floating Frame 2
- 7.3 - Floating Frame 3
- 7.4 - Personalized Champagne Bottles
- 7.5 - Spice Jars
8 - Ceramic Projects
- 8.0 - Ceramic Projects Intro
- 8.1 - Ceramic "Tea" Jar Project
- 8.2 - Clay Herb Pots
9 - Lettering on Textiles
- 9.1 - Canvas Monogram
- 9.2 - Leather Luggage Tag
- Conclusion and Next Steps!