Composing Choral Music with Andrew Maxfield
Turn any text into a complete, published musical composition
This course is for you if...
- You want to learn how to turn any text into a musical composition
- Looking for a framework that works
- You want to learn how to publish your finished work
HOW IT WORKS
With courses made by the creators you love and produced by Lightbulb Courses, you will get the guidance you need to learn and grow.
Gain the skills, confidence, and clarity you need to get back on track and realize your full creative potential.
With your creativity in full swing, you can get back to focusing on new outcomes and will feel ready to take action.
"I am SO impressed with this course. It is EXACTLY What I needed, although I did not know it. I am a life-long musician who has only piddled with composition.
Enough to get through school and a bit more... I usually do not review things until I finish them, but I have learned so much already, it was worthy of an early
"I took the course to learn a little bit more about music. I sing in my church choir and with a community chorus, and since retirement I have been wanting to learn more, and this became a wonderful opportunity to do that."
Here's what you'll learn in this composition course:
Welcome & Intro
- Welcome & Introduction
- How To Use This Course
- Download Your Course Materials
- Text First Composing
- Voice, Color, and White Space
- Assessing The Text, Asking for Permission, and Singing Things
- Analyzing The Text Of "The Door"
- Analyzing The Text Of "The Singing Bowl"
- Activity 1
- Form - Content & Containers
- Creating A Narrative Map
- Activity 2
- Audience, Purpose, and Resources
- Activity 3
- Internalizing The Text
- Activity 4
- Crafting The Music - Principles To Put Pencil To Page
- Composing "The Door"
- Composing "The Door" Part 2
- Composing "The Son Is Shining"
- Composing "The Singing Bowl"
- Composing "The Singing Bowl" Part 2
- Activity 5
Conclusion & Next Steps
- Your Turn! Go And Compose On Your Own